Far West News Briefs
Far West / Mid-Continent Regional Meeting
The FLC Mid-Continent and Far West Regions are pleased to announce our 2014 joint regional meeting to be held August 26 - 27, 2014 at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, Denver CO.
Our regional meeting and training will commence Tuesday morning August 26 and conclude at noon Wednesday August 27. The WBT Open Innovation group will participate in some of our events.
Our annual awards presentation and dinner will take place Tuesday evening August 26. We are also planning a tour of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden CO, Wednesday afternoon.
Complete details are available at www.flcmidcontinent.org/meeting/
2014 Far West Regional Awards
Each year the FLC Far West Region presents awards honoring outstanding work in the field of Federal Technology Transfer. These awards will be presented Tuesday, August 26, 2014 during our joint Far West / Mid-Continent Regional Meeting
at the Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel, in Denver CO. We will have a full report following the regional meeting.
This year's awards included:
Outstanding Commercialization Success:
- Idaho National Laboratory - Deployment of Multiphysics Object Oriented Simulation Environment (MOOSE)
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory - microTLC™
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory - Solution Grown Organic Scintillators
- NASA Ames Research Center - CBAERO: Configuration Based Aerodynamics
- Naval Surface Warfare Center / Corona Division - Metbench Calibration Automation To Market
Outstanding Technology Development:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory - Ultrascale Visualization Climate Data Analysis Tools
- Sandia National Laboratories - H2FIRST
Technology Transfer Professional of the Year:
- Idaho National Laboratory - Advanced Electrolyte Model (AEM)
- NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center - Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) Technology
- NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center - A Novel Peak-Seeking Algorithm To Optimize Performance Of Dynamic Systems
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory - Iron Vanadium Redox Flow Battery
- SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific - Multiple Radios per Node Network Architecture (MRNNA)
- SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific - Multi-Segmented Magnetic Robot (MSMR)
- USDA-ARS-Pacific West Area - Solution Blow Spinning
Laboratory Representative of the Year:
- Peter C. Christensen - Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Jennifer Stewart - Naval Surface Warfare Center / Corona Division
Results of the FLC 2014 Far West Region Elections
Mr. Brian Suh, of the Space and Naval Warfare (SPAWAR) Systems Center Pacific, was elected to serve a second term as FLC Far West Regional Coordinator (RC).
Ms. Jennifer Stewart of the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Corona Division was elected to serve as the Far West Deputy Coordinator. This is Ms. Stewart's first elected position in the FLC and the region.
|FLC Far West Regional Coordinator
Space and Naval Warfare (SPAWAR) Systems Center Pacific
|FLC Far West Deputy Coordinator
Ms. Jennifer Stewart
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Corona Division
Results of the FLC 2014 National Elections
In addition to our regional elections (listed above), the FLC had elections for National Officers.
Elected for National Office are:
Pictures of the newly elected officers are available at:
- Recording Secretary - Marianne Lynch
- Financial Officer - Theresa A. Baus
Dr. Rita Manak, Naval Research Laboratory
Aaron Sauers, Argonne National Laboratory
Kristen Schario, Air Force research Laboratory