Far West News Briefs
FLC Far West / Mid-Continent 2015 Regional Meeting Dates Set!
The FLC Far West and Mid-Continent annual Regional meeting will be held in San Diego, CA August 25 - 27, 2015. Details are available at www.flcfarwest.org/meeting.
Our regional meeting and training will commence with an optional Negotiating Skill Workshop on Tuesday August 25, by the American Management Association (limited to 20 people). Our regular regional meeting & training starts on Wednesday
August 26 and concludes at noon on Thursday August 27, 2015.
This is followed by an optional tour of the U.S. Navy Marine Mammal Program Facility and the Naval Air Systems Command Fleet Readiness Center, Southwest. The tour will be from 1:00p returning to the hotel by
Last year's meeting and training sessions in Denver, CO were a great success. You can see a meeting recap and view/download the presentations at www.flcmidcontinent.org/meeting/2014.htm
FLC 2015 Far West Regional Award Nominations Opens May 21, 2015
Nominations for the FLC Far West Regional Awards opens May 21, 2015, and will close on July 10, 2015. The awards will be presented at the joint FLC Far West / Mid-Continent Regional Meeting,
August 25-27, 2015 at the Hilton Airport/Harbor Island Hotel, San Diego, CA.
The award categories for 2015 are:
- Outstanding Technology Development - Given to a laboratory and staff for a promising technology development to: solve problems; satisfy markets and consumers; create patents and awards; or any area related to the above. The technology does not have to be transferred to be eligible for nomination.
- Outstanding Partnership - Can be any entity that has been germane in a successful partnership working with federal laboratories and technology transfer in the region. Examples can be universities, state/local economic development organizations, SBDCs, and partnership intermediaries.
- Outstanding Commercialization Success - A technology transfer success story that has resulted in the commercialization of a laboratory technology. This includes licensing agreements and other mechanisms that have helped to bring a laboratory technology to market and helped create jobs and stimulate the economy.
- Laboratory Representative of the Year - Given to an FLC Laboratory Representative or Alternate for significant contributions to technology transfer, outreach to communities, and/or outreach and assistance to other laboratory representatives.
- Technology Transfer Professional of the Year - Given to a Technology Transfer Professional at a FLC Laboratory for significant contributions to technology transfer. This includes licensing, cooperative research and development agreements and partnership generation.
Download Far West 2015 Award Application Form [Word
Examples of last year's FLC Far West awards can be viewed on our web site at:
Awards will be celebrated during our annual regional meeting set this year in San Diego CA August 25-27, 2015, at the Hilton San Diego Airport Harbor Island.
See www.flcfarwest.org/meeting for details and registration.
For additional information contact Rick Shindell at our FLC Far West Support Office (360) 681-4123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 Far West Regional Awards
The Far West Region presented 16 awards to our laboratories in the categories of Outstanding Technology Development, Outstanding Partnership, Outstanding Commercialization Success, Technology Transfer Professional of the Year, and the Far West Laboratory Representative of the Year.
The awards presentations took place August 26, 2014 as part of our Joint FLC Far West / Mid-Continent Regional Meeting in Denver Colorado. A recap of our awards presentation is available Here
|Some of the winners included Kevin Gering (INL), Richard Rankin (LLNL), Jennifer Stewart (NSWC Corona), Catherine Elizondo (LLNL), Peter Christensen (PNNL), Zimin Nie (PNNL), and Chris Cirullo, (Navy SSC Pacific) |
Last year's awards included:
Outstanding Commercialization Success:
- Idaho National Laboratory - Deployment of Multiphysics Object Oriented Simulation Environment (MOOSE)
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory - microTLC™
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory - Solution Grown Organic Scintillators
- NASA Ames Research Center - CBAERO: Configuration Based Aerodynamics
- Naval Surface Warfare Center / Corona Division - Metbench Calibration Automation To Market
Outstanding Technology Development:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory - Ultrascale Visualization Climate Data Analysis Tools
- Sandia National Laboratories - H2FIRST
Technology Transfer Professional of the Year:
- Idaho National Laboratory - Advanced Electrolyte Model (AEM)
- NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center - Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) Technology
- NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center - A Novel Peak-Seeking Algorithm To Optimize Performance Of Dynamic Systems
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory - Iron Vanadium Redox Flow Battery
- SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific - Multiple Radios per Node Network Architecture (MRNNA)
- SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific - Multi-Segmented Magnetic Robot (MSMR)
- USDA-ARS-Pacific West Area - Solution Blow Spinning
Laboratory Representative of the Year:
- Peter C. Christensen - Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Jennifer Stewart - Naval Surface Warfare Center / Corona Division
Far West / Mid-Continent Regional Meeting
The FLC Mid-Continent and Far West Regions meeting was held August 26 - 27, 2014 at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, Denver CO.
The meeting and training sessions were a great success. You can see a meeting recap and view/download the presentations at www.flcmidcontinent.org/meeting/2014.htm